Monday, March 17, 2008

Chileno Valley Grasshopper

So I did the infamous Chileno Valley Grasshopper last Saturday. It was supposed to be a showery day but turned out beautiful. For those of you that don't know Chileno is a 67 mile group ride unofficial road race. Levi and Scott showed up as rumoured, along with about a million NorCal bike sport team people. There were 139 finishers. I road the first third of the race at the front with Levi, Scott, and Tim, but came off on some climb that I don't know the name of. Hung out in no mans land for a wile, until I got picked up by the chase group of 3, John, Ryan, and Jonathon. We worked well together for the rest of the race, but on the final climb Ryan and Jonathon came off, John and I worked togather all the way to the finish, I beat him by a couple of bike lengths. Levi won, Tim second, Scott third. I was forth.

After the race we proceeded to my buddie Glen's place were I had a early birthday party. Odessa made the cake and Glen hand a bunch of Molsons Canadian. About 25 people showed up.

Yesterday Max, Shane, Chris and myself rode lake Sonoma, which is 3 hours of the best singe track around here, If you ever are in the area, you should check it out.

Kris

No comments: