Monday, March 31, 2008

NMBS#1 Fontana, CA

Well what do you know, I missed the podium at the first norba xc. Felt pretty good worked with JHK for a lot of the race and on the last lap punched hard to try and catch some of the shrapnel from the lead group (Geoff, Adam, Max, Sam, Barry, Ricky) which had self destructed. Well I was only able to get Ricky, and came close to Barry. Big thanks to our Mechanic Bass Man. He was a big help.

I had a wicked start on the short track, came from second row to fourth through the first corner. Ryan led for the first lap, Barry lead the second, Geoff took half lap, then I went to the front and gave it everything that I had for a lap. Barry went around, and all the sudden there was a crash behind me and Geoff. I ease up and Barry got a gap, Geoff tried to bridge the gap, but didn't make it. I couldn't hold his accelerations, and my front derailer twisted sideways into my crank, which sucked. I was, however, able to finish. Barry won.

The Super D was fun but I didn't like the downhill running start on pavenment in bike shoes, that is a good way to twist an ankle, so I took that bit easy and ended up mid pack. If I didn't get disqualifid for a radd line, that some spectater gave me crap over - remember this is super D, anything goes! It was actually longer, it is not like I cut a switchback.

Kris

No comments: